Site Translator

Saturday, November 8, 2008

R.I.P. Michael Crichton


I like to read and have a small collection of books. However, rarely do I read novels. I guess I don't have the patience to sustain my interest to read at length.

That being said, back in '97 when I read the cover of Eaters of the Dead at a National Bookstore, I was intrigued and I felt I just had to buy it. The plus was it wasn't even that long. I wasn't mistaken, "Eaters" turned out to be one of the best books I've ever read which later became the movie The Thirteenth Warrior (a good movie though like many translations to film, a lot of things were lost. Go read the book!).

I once saw him in an interview on TV once looking every inch like a respectable academic and very tall (6'9")! Among his other famous works are The Andromeda Strain, Jurassic Park, and part of the creators of the TV series ER.

Doctor, surgeon, successful writer and great story teller. He will indeed be missed.

Click the link below for more info -

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081105/ap_on_en_ot/obit_crichton_12

No comments: